Scouting for Chinese retail innovations
XNode worked with X5 Retail Group’s Innovation Department to scout 100 top-notch Chinese startups. The aim was to co-develop innovation solutions to automate and robotize retail processes, as well as the testing of new technologies, products, and services.
The 5 main areas of scouting were:
- Solutions to streamline in-store operations
- Personalization tools to enrich user experience
- Solutions to optimize supply chain processes
- ADAS and DMS for transportation efficiency and safety
- AGVs to drive warehouse automations
100+ startups delivered
In December 2019, a total of 100+ startups were scouted with 20+ brief reports delivered.
Among the shortlisted 20+ startups, successful pilots are already underway in the scenarios of ADAS, biogas and AGV.
Pilots have the potential to roll out across X5 Retail Group’s various formats that cover 14,400 stores and comprise the brands: Pyaterochka, Perekrestok, and Karusel.